Confess : Book Review


Confess By Colleen Hoover

For the 'Romance' genre, I have always read Nicholas Sparks' books. It was my first time that I read any other author's book in this genre but I can definitely say, the experience was refreshing.

It's about Auburn Reed who walked into a Dallas art studio in search of a job but didn't expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who worked there, Owen Gentry.

The book kicked off well in the beginning, I liked the concept of confessions being converted to paintings. However, as I was reaching towards the end, climax seemed predictable, antagonist blackmailing protagonists, then, things went around and it was a happy ending, as a typical Bollywood or Hollywood love story of the '90s, until a twist came in the last chapter of the book and I was taken aback.It made me believe in fate again.

And the quote which stuck with me after I finished the book:
"I'll love you forever, Even when I can't."
Last but not least,  the title 'Confess' is apt as the storyline keeps revolving around confessions.

Rating: 3.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Good summary for book lover.....
    but it also shows how Silence is slow poison & words should be communicated & confessed..... rest depends on fate

    Another best quote "I'll love you forever, Even when I shouldn't".........

    Happy New Year & All the very best for your future blogs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.. Happy New Year to you too..

    ReplyDelete